Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I go to register online?
Click here to register online.
- How do I make changes/additions to my registration? If you need to make changes or additions to your record, please login with the user name and password you created during your initial registration or call 678-341-3060.
- I have questions about my registration...who should I call?
Contact our Customer Service Center at (678) 341-3060 Mon – Fri from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST or email us at [email protected].
- Where is SECO 2017 being held?
Georgia World Congress Center
285 Andrew Young International Blvd., N.W.
Atlanta, Georgia 30313-1591
- What are the Exhibit Hall hours?
Thursday, March 2 12:45 PM – 6:00 PM
Friday, March 3 10:45 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, March 4 10:45 AM – 5:00 PM
- Can I purchase an Exhibit Hall pass only? Passes may be purchased online or onsite in Registration Hall A for $25. You can also visit the exhibit hall for free by tellings us the name of an exhibiting company you intend to visit or entering it in the promo code box.
- What are the registration options for Guests and Children? Guests can gain access to events and the exhibit hall, and receive a lunch coupon (but are not eligible to participate in CE) by registering for the Social Event Package ($100). Children (18 years or younger) may attend SECO 2017 at no charge. SECO verifies attendees registered in this category through various methods on-site to ensure the age restriction policy. Children may not attend CE courses. Childcare services are offered at SECO 2017.
- When will I receive my badge? Badges, which are required to gain access to every SECO function (including events, courses and exhibit hall), will be mailed to those attendees who register by February 8, 2017. After that date, attendees can pick up their badges in the Registration Hall of Building A of the Georgia World Congress Center.
- What is the cancellation policy for the 2017 meeting? All registration cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing by February 8, 2017. For continuing education attendees, a refund of the registration fee, minus a $100 administrative fee, will be given for cancellations received by this date. No refunds will be granted for requests postmarked after February 8, 2017. SECO will not charge a cancellation fee for exhibit hall and event registration-only attendees, as long as the refund request is received no later than February 8, 2017. Submit all requests via email to [email protected] or fax to (678) 341-3099. SECO regrets that refunds will not be given for no shows.
- If a course is repeated, will it be the same material? Repeated courses are generally the same material, but sometimes a different lecturer.
- Where and when can I access course handouts? Course handouts will be available for download at SECO2017.com and on the SECO 2017 Mobile App as they become available beginning February 1, 2017.
- What are the rules for receiving CE credit? Attendees are allowed a 5-10 minute break during each course. If they are any later than 10, they will not receive credit. Speakers are also allowed to end their lecture 10 minutes early. 50 minutes constitutes an hour.
- How will I receive a verification of my attendance for my continuing education credits? During SECO 2017, visit the Verification of Attendance (VOA) kiosks in Building A at least two hours after the completion of the attended course or follow the VOA link on the SECO 2017 Mobile App. You can also visit SECO2017.com during or after the meeting and select Verification of Attendance. You will need your username (attendee badge ID) and password (full last name) to access VOA records via the SECO website.
- Which are the closest hotels? Click here to view housing options for the SECO 2017, including a list of hotels within walking distance of the GWCC.
- Where can I find SECO Shuttle information? To see hotel shuttle routes click here.
- Which MARTA stop do I use to get to the GWCC? Dome/GWCC on the East/West line. Call MARTA at (404) 848-5000 or visit itsmarta.com for detailed schedules.
- What are the future dates of the SECO Congress?
February 28 - March 4, 2018 | February 27 - March 3, 2019 | March 4-8, 2020
- Does SECO have coat, bag and stroller check during the meeting? Yes, for a nominal fee in the GWCC, Registration Hall A.
- Does SECO have a Mothers Room for nursing mothers to use? Yes, a room is set aside in Registration Hall A at the GWCC for nursing mothers.
- Will there be child care on site? Advanced registration required. Find details here.
- Does SECO help with disability-related accommodations? In compliance with the American's with Disabilities Act, we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities at the Meeting. Please submit requests no later than February 1, 2017 to Bonny Fripp at [email protected] or call 770-451-8206. Flying to SECO?The TSA Cares program can simplify travel for attendees with special needs.
- How does the support from sponsors, Champions and Exhibitors improve my experience at SECO? The optometric industry supports SECO attendees in many ways. By sponsoring, partnering and exhibiting at SECO these companies are funding necessary event expenses and lowering every attendee’s fees to participate at SECO.
- What is outboarding and what do I do if I witness it? Outboarding is when any non-exhibitor hosts an event anywhere in the city that attracts SECO attendees. If you hear of an outboarding event, please contact the Show Management at 770-451-8206 or [email protected]. If you observe this activity during SECO 2017, please inform any of the SECO volunteers or the show office in A307.